Friday, January 18, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog!  I've been blogging for a little while, mostly just a small blog for my classroom parents to see what we're doing each week, but I've come to love blogging.

I've found so many great ideas and resources online; I felt I just had to be a part of it!  I tried to start my own teaching blog before.  I had great visions of creating wonderful resources for all to use.

I still have those dreams, but reality is hitting hard this year.  My official title is "first grade teacher" but at a private school it means so much more.  I also manage and organize our library and check out/check in books.  I rotate between serving lunch and doing recess duty each day.  I also teach a mix of K/1 religion and 1/2 science and 1/2 writing.  All of these things, plus being a mom of 2 really keeps me busy.  So I decided to simplify.

I found myself using lots of resources on Teachers Pay Teachers and free websites such as Classroom Freebies, Classroom Freebies Too, and Freebilicious.  Then I thought, Wouldn't it be great to just put together everything I've used to make it easier for someone else?  So that's what I'm doing.  I'm going to try to sort through all that's out there and show you the best of the best.  I'm going to put it together and show you how I use it all.  And, hopefully, when I find a spare minute or two, whip up my own amazing and educational resources to compliment the rest!

Here's to a new year, a new blog, and big dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment