Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MLK Postive and Negative Space

One of the things I love about my job is the opportunity to teach art.  I've led my kiddos through the Elements of Art and we've been working on symmetry.  To follow up our symmetry project, and to integrate with what we're learning about Martin Luther King, Jr. we did a project inspired by the second-grade blog Teaching with Style (which was inspired by Pinterest).

We used positive and negative space to create a portrait of MLK.  I led my firsties through the project one step at a time.  Here's some of their projects:




To read more about the project from Teaching with Style and to get your copy of the MLK portrait used for this project click {HERE}.  Many thanks to Nicole from Teaching with Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment